Since this is the weekend and the construction guys are gone, I thought I would share the photos of some of our shopping adventures. The first thing we had to pick out was the cabinets. We selected a basic craftsman style in cherry. That was actually fairly easy. The next thing to choose was the granite. That was tough! Even though I had already decided to go with a lighter background, there were still a ton of options. The final choice is called Apollo Storm. Here it is with our sample cabinet door. It actually looks better in person. I'm hoping you all will get a chance to come visit later this year and see for yourself.
Check out more pictures in the album to see one of the hoist system they have to move the slabs around. There are also pictures of the tile and sink.
Choosing the tiles was actually much easier than I thought it would be. The designer was very good at narrowing down the choices based on our preferences and we did not have to look at everything in the store. We picked a light tan stone tile to be set in a brick pattern. The glass and granite mini-tiles will be used as an accent stripe. On the wall behind the range, there will be a framed section with the tiles set in a pin-wheel pattern using one of the small glass or slate tiles at the corners. The designer has not drawn out the plan, so I don't have anything to show yet.
Rather than a stainless steel sink, we decided on a composite granite sink made by Elkay. It is the Gourmet E-Granite in mocha. It won't scratch like a stainless steel sink and is supposed to be quieter, too. For the faucet, we splurged on a touch-less model where you just tap the faucet to start and stop the water.
The big design decisions left to make are the paint color and if we want to stain the hardwood floor. I'll let you know what we decide.

No comments:
Post a Comment